As the Coronovirus (COVID-19) becomes a reality in New York City, we at LSSNY want to make sure you and your family stay healthy and safe. Here are a few reminders as you go about your daily lives:
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol- based hand sanitizer. Remember to keep it away from children’s reach.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- If you have fever, cough and/or shortness of breath, stay home and call your doctor or call 311. Hospital staff will not ask about your immigration status.
- Continue to listen for new information from the City’s Department of Health.
Please be assured that we at LSSNY are doing all we can to keep our children healthy by frequent cleaning and sanitizing of all toys, equipment and surfaces. We will also ensure that children do not lose their placement due to absences resulting from illness. Additional COVID-19 information will be distributed and made available to families at your Early LIFE site and to The New Life School students.
We will continue to keep you updated on new developments as they happen. For those of you with cell numbers on file, please expect to receive a “test” text message asking you to opt in or out of receiving emergency alerts via text messages for LSSNY Early LIFE and The New Life School.
In the meantime, let’s continue to stay aware and healthy.